Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading
RSS

Sunday, May 17, 2009

what's your problem or what is the matter with you?

So this afternoon I get a call from my boss and at first she asks if I am busy or if it is my day off. As I proceed to tell her it is my day off she basically doesn't give a flying fuck because she starts a conversation with me about work and what is going on with me and my store.

The conversations starts with I don't like that you treat me differently than you use to. I have had a conversation with my other boss about this and well, to a certain point I do. All last summer the bills were not paid on time and I had to deal with bill collectors because this person did not feel like doing there job. I am and have been told by one of my bosses to keep food costs down, because of the bottom line and how much it is effecting our P&L. While on the other hand 3-4 times a week we are handing out food at lets say 40-60 dollars each time and it is not being held accountable for.

During this whole conversation I am being told that I am not being placed in the middle, but in all reality I am because that conversation puts me in the middle of their relationship and their problems. When she comes into my store and yells at me because my other boss asked me a question about her and a conversation that we had and I told this person what they wanted to know. I am not going to lie to my boss.

I tried to reassure her that I don't have a problem with her, and for the most part I don't have a problem with her, she has just changed in the last year or two and I don't know how to act around her.

She is not the only person that has a life outside of work, and over the last year a lot of things have changed for me too. I am feeling really frustrated because I am being put in the middle of this divorce and I know that to say anything about this conversation would just make it worse. I know that tomorrow I will see one of them and as badly as I want to say something to him I can't. I don't like this keeping secrets bull shit and I am not going to take it for long.

Today after I was on the phone with her for a while I just wanted to scream at the top of my lungs and put in my 2 weeks notice. I have worked very hard for this company for 6 years and after this week and after this phone call I just wanted to give up. I don't think anyone understood here and it doesn't make any sense to care this much if you are on the outside looking in.

I need to stop taking my work home with me, because I can see the change and I am not happy with the way that I feel outside of work.

Saturday was Nicole's last day at work and well, based on her work performance all I can think of is what a relief. Her laziness doesn't surprise me at all, not one bit. Saturday night I was in the middle of a computer crisis and she wanted to go home early. She couldn't keep the store running and help me out she had to go get a new cell phone and gtfo. Unlike Nicole I am able to separate my personal life from my job, last Saturday she made that meeting so fucking personal and I believe I had to stop her so many times to show her how she was. The reason why I am so upset with her and the management situation is because I see her failure as a reflection on me to a certain point.

I am feeling better than at the beginning of this week and I am hoping that this chest cold will be gone very very soon. I am not the greatest person to be around when I am sick, and it figures that the week that I have to work more and harder I am sick!!!

Mom is not doing well at all, and this week was no different. Last week she had to take 2 days off of work and this week she didn't get to rest at all. There is nothing that I can do or say anymore, it's a waste of my breath. So like normal we worry and pray for the best.

My grandmother came up from Tampa today, and it looks like I will be getting a double dose of them this week. I am not going to spend my day off dealing with all of that, I can do it on Wednesday morning or a little later this week. They want to go see a movie and go to lunch. I can handle them in small doses ONLY!!

Sometimes I get to the point where I am so mad at myself and at other things in my life that I feel as if I can't talk about them. I kind of just retreat and learn to deal with it on my own. I don't want to be the person who is whining all the time.

0 comments: